Friday, August 12, 2011

"BUY A ZERTKNOG A DRINK?"

Hi! I've been thinking about doing this for a little while now. I did a Predator piece like this last yr and had a blast. You always go back and look at your old work for ideas and whatnot (well, i do!), and sometimes you want to redo a piece in the present, just to see how far along you've come for your own self-gratification. But also, I think it's funny to take a stupid drawing you did from back then, and see what you can do with it now, taking it as seriously as the initial piece. So, with that, the first piece...!

I originally drew this when i was 18. I believe for my college portfolio. In my defense, it's not like my school was offering up all kinds of art programs. But I was too far into comics to care honestly. For those not in the know, this is DC Comics character Lobo. To say he's unkind would be an understatement. The winged woman is something my friend David came up with back in college (and also drew in the original piece. Ironically, he made fun of comics back then, even though he read mine. What's he doing now you ask?? Comics... Ha

You can follow me on twitter @Scott_Cohn_Art



No comments: