Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CYBERFORCE

I did this drawing back about 18 yrs old. I believe I just started art school then. Just about when the first issue of Cyberforce came out. I was in my heavy "Jim Lee" Image cross-hatching, saw tooth faze. Or a least my attempt at it!

The same person who wrote the Flash review below wrote this hilarious review as well.

" As for "cyberforce", we can conclude that there are limitless possibilities when toying with the idea of a rag tag band of half-man half-machines. Does one of your characters have a cybernetic eye that glows? A robot arm (I know mine did). How about black underwear on top of shiny metal legs? What ever the combination, we can surely agree that Cyberforces are a good idea. But check out the little guy on the left, his glow-palm is lined up with the main guys side-stripe and it looks like he's stickin'em! Stickin'em real good!"



2 comments:

Bink MMX said...

I've been working up a contribution. Catwoman, with two earlier drawings including one extra-awful one from the big-hair '80s.
Here's a one-word review of the new Cyberforce dwg that isn't funny: Silhouette!
Must be tough though. It is a huge group.
(I still have a xerox of the original!)
JH

Scott Cohn said...

thanks! can't wait to see!

as for the silhouette (argh! i can't spell that word ever. that, and diarrhea!), if i change it TOO much, then they become two totally different pieces, which strays away from my point of this blog. but that is something i'll pay attention to more moving forward, because you are right. i'll only fix something and change it entirely if the original is so out of whack that it's just silly to recreate.

(oh you poor man!)